ORGANIZATION: Surrey Hospice Society
POSIION AVAILABLE: Bereavement Program Coordinator
The Surrey Hospice Society is seeking a Bereavement Program Coordinator to join its team of highly motivated and dedicated staff offering hospice palliative care services in the diverse and multicultural community of Surrey.
This position is responsible for the effective and efficient management of all components that make up the Society's Bereavement Program.
The successful candidate shall:
· Possess a certificate and/or degree in grief counselling or equivalent experience.
· Possess formal training and experience in the management of volunteers.
· Have a thorough understanding of the history and place of the hospice palliative care movement and a solid grounding in the philosophy of hospice palliative care.
· Possess empathic listening skills.
· Understand the legal requirements and ethics regarding the confidentiality of client and volunteer information and records.
· Possess excellent written and oral skill with the English language.
· Be task orientated, enthusiastic, warm, friendly, and capable of maintaining composure under stress.
· Be able to work effectively alone and as part of a team.
This position will be offered on a contract basis leading to an employee position for the right candidate.
Interested applicants may mail there resumes to the attention of the Executive Director at the address below or email [email protected].
The closing date for the receipt of applications is February 15, 2005. Interviews shall be scheduled for late February 2005.
Surrey Hospice Society
13857 68th Avenue
British Columbia Hospice Palliative Care Association
Room 502 - Comox Building
1081 Burrard Street
Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6Z 1Y6